Why does my transport belong to this category ?
- Your shipment involves no more than 6 standard pallets (with a length of less than 200 cm) and each pallet weighing less than 800 kg.
- The time left before loading upon publication is approximately 24h (publication at D-1, before 14h)
- Your loading and delivery points are accessible to heavy goods vehicles (non-articulated vehicle 12 meters long).
- The allowed transit time between loading and delivery is at least 48 hours
What are the benefits and disadvantages of pallet distribution ?
- You benefit from our best price
- The passage of the drivers is daily so it generally does not cause any problem to load the day after publication if the request is transmitted before noon
- There is generally no extra costs for the tail lift option (loading and/or delivery)
As the goods are handled by several vehicles, delivery times can not be guaranteed. If you have an absolute delivery requirement, plan to charge several days in advance.
Transit time may be different from carrier to another but you can count on these figures :
- Less than 450 km : 48h
- Between 450 km and 850 km : 72h
- More than 850 km : 96h
If pallet distribution does not suit you and prefer a firmer commitment from Everoad on delivery times, you can put more restrictive dates and times, and choose our Chartering price.
How to make sure your transport runs smoothly ?
In pallet distribution, there is what we call “cross docking”. One truck will load the goods, another will take it to the delivery area, and one last will take care of the delivery. This implies several things:
- Your goods must be well conditioned. It must be filmed in one bloc, and fixed on its pallet.
- Your pallets must be properly labeled: mention of the goods, the destination, the Everoad reference and the purchase order. If your goods are fragile, do not hesitate to mention it on your pallet!
- The merchandise needs to be available for loading or unloading during the day. It is not possible to impose a precise schedule on the driver because the truck tour may face changes at any time. Therefore, we can not commit to a precise schedule. The loading and unloading time must not exceed 30 minutes.
- Loading and delivery points are to be accessible for straight truck (a 19 tons weight and 12 meters long truck). Otherwise, a small truck needs to be scheduled, outcome that can lead to extra costs.